Highway 407 East will be built in two sections, as two separate projects. The first section includes the mainline from Brock Road to Harmony Road and the north-south West Durham Link to Highway 401.
The second section includes the mainline from Harmony Road to Highway 35/115 and the north-south East Durham Link to Highway 401.
The first section will be constructed by late 2015. The second section will be constructed by late 2020, with an interim opening from Harmony Road to Taunton Road at the East Durham Link by late 2017.
- See more at: http://www.highway407east.com/project-info/project-facts/timeline/#sthash.8m6savkC.dpuf
January 21st, 2015 Update
Progress for next phase of the Highway 407 East Project
Blackbird Infrastructure Group selected as the preferred proponent to design, build, finance and maintain the Highway 407 East Phase 2 project. This means Blackbird Infrastructure Group is the highest ranked bidder and will now proceed to negotiate a final contract.
The Blackbird Infrastructure Group team includes:
- Developer: Holcim (Canada) Inc. and Cintra Infraestructuras
- Constructors: Dufferin Construction Company and Ferrovial Agroman Canada
- Designers: Urban System, AIA Engineers and Louis Berger Group
- Maintainers: Holcim (Canada) Inc. and Cintra Infraestructuras
Over the next several weeks, Infrastructure Ontario and the Ministry of Transportation will negotiate contract details with Blackbird Infrastructure Group. The cost of the project will be announced publicly following financial close this winter signaling the contract has been signed and the project’s costs finalized.